Bakersfield Smile Makeover
Smiling can lift your mood, improve interactions with people, and give you a sense of well-being. If you are embarrassed to smile or unhappy with your smile for any reason, or have dental problems affecting your front teeth, a smile makeover from Woolf Dental will definitely help you.
What Is a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover can involve a variety of procedures on the teeth that show when you smile. Porcelain veneers are a frequent way of accomplishing this, but dental bonding, bleaching, crowns, or even implant overdentures can be used to give you a beautiful smile.
Any kind of makeover that results in dramatic improvement requires artistic inclination and deft craftsmanship. Don’t expect a general family dentist to be able to give you a beautiful smile. People become dentists because they want to fix teeth—not because they are artists. Although dental school trains dentists in the science of restoring broken, damaged, or worn teeth, it doesn’t teach the art of achieving beautiful results. So, if you want a personalized, natural-looking smile makeover, you need a cosmetic dentist who understands the science and technology but adds to that a passion for creating beautiful smiles. Make sure you see photographs of the dentist’s work before committing to a smile makeover.
An Artistic Approach to Smile Makeovers
Dr. Woolf’s approach to smile design includes a thorough process that results in a personalized, expressive smile:
- Listens as you describe your ideal smile and preferences
- Studies your facial features
- Photographs your teeth from different angles
- Records your oral structure and function to ensure your restorations fit well and function properly
- Analyzes your tooth size, shape, color, and position
- Makes a precise model of your teeth
- Consults with his master ceramist to refine the details
- Conservatively prepares your teeth, as needed, for dental restorations
- Creates mockups of your smile makeover for you to examine and try on
After you approve the prototype, we will ask our ceramist to make the final restorations. When your smile makeover is ready, you will try it on and examine it. We will check the restorations for fit, appearance, and function. If you love everything about your new smile, we will bond it to your teeth. If you’re hesitant for any reason, we will address your concerns and won’t bond on the new smile unless you are thrilled with how it looks. That’s our beautiful smile guarantee.
Smile Makeover Treatment Options
After a comprehensive examination and x-rays, the condition of your teeth and your smile goals will affect which treatment options we recommend. A smile makeover can include one or more of these cosmetic dentistry treatments:
- Porcelain veneers – A master ceramist crafts custom, wafer-thin veneers to cover the fronts of your teeth and conceal gaps, chips, discoloration, and other imperfections. Read more on our porcelain veneers page.
- Ceramic crowns – Crowns protect severely worn, broken, or damaged teeth. Also, crowns restore dental implants or create a dental bridge. Read more on our porcelain crowns page.
- Dental bonding – While you are sitting in a dental chair, we can reshape teeth, conceal gaps, chips, or cracks, or conceal discoloration with bonding.
- Orthodontics – Aligning your teeth and correcting your bite are essential phases of achieving a healthy smile makeover. We offer both traditional braces and Invisalign. You can read more about Invisalign here.
- Teeth whitening – Professional whitening breaks down stains beneath tooth enamel and makes your smile look younger. We offer both take-home whitening and Zoom in-office whitening.
Ready to Transform Your Smile?
If you are interested in a smile makeover but are not ready for an exam, request a complimentary consultation. We will take a few minutes to answer your questions, discuss treatment options, and explain what you can expect. Call us or complete our appointment request form.