Meet Dr. Jerry Woolf
“My treatment philosophy is to offer the best care possible. We treat the whole patient, not just one problem that could lead to a bigger problem down the road.”
A native of Bakersfield, Dr. Woolf was raised in the ’50s by a single mother whose example taught him to work hard and never give up. While attending Bakersfield High School, he was a driller, an Eagle Scout, and an All-American in swimming. At the University of California, Santa Barbara, Dr. Woolf continued to pursue swimming while earning a chemistry degree.
Although Dr. Woolf thought he would pursue a career in medicine, ultimately, he preferred the specific rewards of becoming a dentist: being in complete control of the outcome and the joy of watching patients view their new smiles. He received his doctorate in dentistry from the University of Southern California, graduating with honors, and returned to Bakersfield to practice dentistry. He later received post-doctoral training in esthetic dentistry from UCLA and in advanced cosmetic dentistry from Esthetics Professionals in Tarzana. A recognized leader in his field, he has returned to both institutions as an instructor, teaching other dentists the finer points of esthetic dentistry.
What Motivates Him to Come to Work Each Day
“I’m motivated by the people I work with and our patients. I’ve known many of our patients for at least 30 years. I have watched them—and their children—grow up, and I have treated their grandchildren. They know my family, too. I visit every patient that comes into the office, even if they are not scheduled with me. Every evening I call patients to check on them and hear about their experiences that day.”
Education and Training
- University of Southern California – Doctor of dental surgery
- University of California, Santa Barbara – Bachelor of science, quantum chemistry
- University of California, Los Angeles – Post-doctoral, esthetic dentistry
- Esthetics Professionals – Advanced cosmetic dentistry
- Accredited: American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Accreditation examiner: American Board of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Past president: Kern County Dental Society
- Clinical instructor: UCLA
- Visiting instructor: New York University
- Past instructor: Esthetic Professionals Education Center
- Past director: American Board of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Past director: American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Lectures, instructs, and consults nationwide
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Sleep Dentistry
More on Dr. Woolf’s Treatment Philosophy
Dr. Woolf and his team rarely have emergency calls because their preventive care helps them handle issues before they progress. The team provides treatment that lasts a long time and helps patients save money. Many patients who need major work are limited by insurance and their budget, so Dr. Woolf and his team offer phased treatments and financing.
What His Patients Are Saying
“My family and I have been going to Woolf dental for many years. We love that when we have a big procedure, Dr. Woolf always makes a personal call to check on us.” – Kristine J.
“I’ve been a patient at Woolf Dental since I was 19. I’m 46 now. I would not even consider another dentist. More than once, they’ve gone above and beyond for me when I call last minute with an issue. Dr. Woolf is a trusted expert in his field.” – Angela D.
“Dr. Woolf has been my dentist for 30 years. Dr. Woolf and his staff have always provided me the best dental care possible.” – Mark H.
Dr. Woolf’s Interests
Dr. Woolf and his team provide dental care to people in need by participating in community events, including CDA Cares, Operation Smiles, and AeroMedico. He is an aviation enthusiast and makes flights to impoverished villages in Mexico when he volunteers with AeroMedico. When he is not practicing dentistry, Dr. Woolf enjoys spending time with his family, including many relatives in the Bakersfield area.