Meet Dr. Jonathan Wong
Dr. Wong practices full-scope periodontics. After graduating with honors and earning his doctor of dental surgery degree, he completed an intensive three-year residency emphasizing periodontal therapy and medicine, sedation, and surgical/restorative implant treatment. Dr. Wong received his board certificate in periodontology from Oregon Health Sciences University.
He has represented dental students, dentistry, and periodontics locally and nationally. He has also held leadership positions in the American Student Dental Association, the American Dental Association, and the Academy of Periodontology. In addition to writing numerous publications, he has presented at events sponsored by the California Dental Association, American Dental Association, American Academy of Periodontology, and the Academy of Osseointegration.
His Treatment Philosophy
Dr. Wong emphasizes comprehensive periodontal treatment to preserve patients’ natural dentition. He also focuses on predictable tooth replacement for patients who require it.
Education and Training
- University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry – Doctor of dental surgery, with honors
- Oregon Health and Sciences University – Periodontology certificate
- Committee for Volunteer Placement: California Dental Association
- National lecturer for contemporary periodontal and implant therapy
- Past president: Santa Barbara-Ventura County Dental Society (SBVCDS)
- Past delegate: California Dental Association
- Past membership committee: Academy of Osseointegration
- Past chair of peer review: Santa Barbara-Ventura County Dental
- Past assistant clinical professor: University of the Pacific School of Dentistry
- California Dental Association
- Santa Barbara Ventura County Dental Society
- Academy of Osseointegration
- Academy of Periodontology
Honors and Awards
- American Academy of Periodontology Award
- Chief resident and program representative: Oregon Health and Sciences University
- Associated student body president: University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
- California Dental Association Foundation Dental Student Scholarship
What Dr. Wong’s Patients are Saying
“I did not like going to the dentist, but during my first visit, the staff reassured me that I would not feel pain. They even held my hand. It was pain free. Since that time, I’ve had a deep cleaning and some major work done, and now I have no problem walking into Dr. Wong’s office. I wouldn’t go to anyone else but Dr. Wong.” – Kimberly S.
“I was in pain, extremely nervous, and needed a tooth extracted. Not only did Dr. Wong calm my nerves, but he also took time to explain the procedure. I passed on the implant for my molar tooth since it didn’t affect my chewing. There was no hard sell. Dr. Wong accepted and agreed with my decision.” – Doug M.